- Set up cloud provider IAM roles, groups for service accounts, team.
- Set up audit logs
- Create password policies and >2-factor authentication
- Provision some kind of container registry
- Configure hard drives
- Deploy production-grade datastores
- Configure backup, x-account backup
- Test your backup mechanisms
- Set up loadbalancing
- Set up load testing/chaos testing
- Set up a container registry
- Build Docker images
- Configure CPU, memory (+ GC?) settings.
- Set up VCS/build system
- Set up environments
- Configure encryption-in-transit and configure-at-rest
- Set up secrets management
- Track availability metrics. Set up R53 health checks, etc.
- Track app metrics like QPS, e.g., through CloudWatch
- Track server metrics like CPU utilization, e.g., through CloudWatch