@pulumi/cloud package lets you program infrastructure and application logic, side by side in harmony, using
simple, high-level cloud building blocks. This package has three key defining attributes:
- Easy Cloud Development: Build robust and scalable cloud applications with just a few lines of code.
- Cloud Agnostic: Not specific to any one particular cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, and various on-premises clouds). Applications built using the high-level
@pulumi/cloudcomponents like Service, Table, Topic and API can be deployed to a variety of cloud platforms. Although Pulumi only support AWS today in this framework, our plan is to offer an implementation of this on all major clouds.
- Serverless: The
@pulumi/cloudmakes it easy to build applications with minimal fixed infrastructure, event-driven application logic, and using resources that are charged based on actual consumption.
See the following examples of programs that use the Pulumi Cloud library:
- URL Shortener. A complete URL shortener web application using high-level
- Video Thumnailer. An end-to-end pipeline for generating keyframe thumbnails from videos uploaded to a bucket using containerized FFmpeg.
- Voting App. A simple voting app example that uses two containers: Redis for the data store and Python Flask app for the frontend.